oh nine.



So, I spent yesterday in my swimwear despite being very far from any semblance of ocean, & rather in my room - which is incidentally made of carpet & furniture, not water! Of what relevance this fact is to some acknowledgment of the new year, there is none!

But ah, happy belated new year, kidlets!

I quit the bakery.
That's right, I threw in the proverbial crumb-stained towel after almost five years. For all the frustration & exhaustion I may have incurred from the place, for all the bitching & whining I did about the rude & the stupid, I can't say that I didn't enjoy my time there. I worked with some ass-kickingly memorable people - who I now have the privilege of calling dear friends - & even grew fond of some of my regular customers. I think, though, that the timing was appropriate for this change.

HELLO TWO THOUSAND & NINE. I welcome you with arms as wide as my wit is lacking!

I'm looking forward to a fat case of personal growth this year, plus the fruition of creative pursuits. Dad's & my business will go underway, a business of which I will not reveal the name, just in case any of you sneaky fiends decide to steal it & register it's web domain! (Sorry internet, it's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I really don't trust you...) But in time, things will be revealed. Much like time will reveal the sagging of Madonna's breasts!

Musically wise, the talented Mattkin & I plan on haunting some venues very soon, WATCH THIS SPACE. Academic wise, I still have my last year of uni to attend to, but I have every intention of filling my creativity quota this year! My cup will runneth over, I say!

OH, I am heading to the homeland (again!) on the twenty-seventh of January. I told Leslie (creative director at my work, & essentially my boss) of these plans of mine, & his response was:

"Bring back some chili bananas and you'll get a raise, and quit uni for god's sakes! Haven't you worked out that we'll give you a full-time position straight away!"

SQUEEEEEEE. Perhaps this means they like me?! :D

Anyway, bring it on 2009! These feet can't wait to touch your pavements.

& just because I am the visual sort, I will not leave this post without happy snaps of nye:






Goodnight!
Ze next blog will probably be from Tasmania, mmkay!

//EDIT: I keep forgetting to do this, but after every post, I want to personally thank all of you for your meaningful responses. Please accept my collective thank you - I am always appreciative of the kind words that come my way. Especially for my last rant about the pursuit of creativity - thank you infinitely, you all know who you are.

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl I love the new blog design! (It is new, right?)

    Is it appropriate for me to 'hey girl' you? Anyway, I did it, but I'm not sure I'll do it again.

    Yay for growth and quitting jobs! I have the opposite problem - that of finding one. But this I will do.

     
  2. Bakery time is over. That's good. Everybody has to move on at some point. Your boss sounds amazingly cool. Freakin snow still haunts the corridors of Vancouver. I'm getting annoyed by this extended white Christmas. I'm not looking forward to trudging along textbooks yet again too.

    Tazmania...That was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, hah hah

    I hope 2009 throws some serious change my way. Been feeling a bit like stasis for too long.

     
  3. OMG I GET TO SEE YOU SOON! (hopefully...)

    =D =D =D

    and my gosh is that guy in the second photo wearing anything at all?

     
  4. I couldn't see myself doing the same thing for five years, putting up the the same godforsaken people... but I must. I can't afford to quit and I'm already doing my best not to get fired (which each day becomes a little more difficult). But I'm glad you're moving on.

    ily <3

     
  5. you forgot the picture of that twilight book.

    queenie misses you.